Monday August 27, 2018
Former Chief Administrator of Ethiopian Somali regional state, Abdi Mohamed Omer, has been arrested.The Council lifted their immunity on suspicion of having links with recent violence in the regional state.
He was arrested at his home located around Atlas Hotel.
In an extraordinary session it held yesterday, the Council of Ethiopian Somali regional state stripped immunity of seven of its members, including Abdi Mohamed Omer.
Below is list of members of the Council who lost their immunity:
1. Abdi Mohamed Omer –Former Chief Administrator of Ethiopian Somali regional state
2. Abdijemal Kelonbi- Head of Justice Bureau
3. Rahma Mohammed – Head of Women’s and Children’s Bureau
4. Ibrahim Mehd- Head of Education Bureau
5. Dek Abdulahi –Deputy Head of Water Resource Development Bureau
6. Ibrahim Mohammed Mubarek – Mayor of Jigjiga
7. Omer Abdi – Political Affairs Head of Ethiopian Somali People Democratic Party (ESPDP)