Today from Hiiraan Online:
Ads By Google
Official reveals what police believe is the identities of 2 more terrorists in mall attack
Thursday Febraury 6, 2014
Ads By Google
NAIROBI, KENYA – A senior security official in Kenya has disclosed what authorities believe are the names of two previously unidentified gunmen who carried out the attack on a Nairobi mall, killing at least 67 people.
The official, who insisted on anonymity because he is not authorized to give the information, said Thursday the two are Ahmed Hassan Abubakar and Yahye Ahmed Osman.
Authorities previously revealed the names of two other attackers as Abu Barat Al-Sudani, also known as Mohamed Hassan Dhuhulow, and Mohamed Abdinur Said. Dhuhulow had lived in Norway.
The al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the September mall attack, saying it was in revenge for Kenya's military deployment into Somalia. Authorities believed four attackers carried out the attack. All four were believed to be ethnic Somalis.
Somalia’s civil war: Pushing it across the borders
Six Places At Risk Of Terrorism In Africa
Barkhad Abdi, pirate leader in 'Captain Phillips,' treasures his nomination
- LA Times
Kenya: Names of 2 other mall terrorists revealed
Investigating genocide in Somaliland
- Al Jazeera
Somali, Egyptian basketball federations to boost cooperation
Somali-Americans reflect on caucus chaos
Youths riot in Kenya for third time over mosque raid, one dead
Terrorist To Test Case?
Mogadishu residents question security measures after two nights of explosions
All Rights Reserved Copyright. © 1999-2021, www.hiiraan.com