Vacancy Notice: Dan Guud - Contracting Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi, travel to Mogadishu and Hargeisa
Unit: Dan Guud
Position Title: Contracting Officer
Classification: G7 (third party)
Duration: 06 Months (Renewable)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Grant Manager and the Logistics/procurement officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the tender document preparations and contracts.
1 Review all prospective grant ideas and approved grants and, in consultation with the Technical Advisor and field Engineers, develop the content of the contract specific to the project.
2 In line with agreed policies and procedures, develop bid packages, solicit contractors and/other others, moderate tender meetings including openings, coordinate site visits, conduct prequalification visits, and undertake all other activities relating to bidding and contracting.
3 Ensure adequate mechanisms exist to track contractual status of each project and that adequate records are collected prior to payment.
4 Prepare the tender documents to be advertised in all fields after the rehabilitation grant green lighted.
5 Review all the tenders and quotations and prepare the bid analysis Summary (BAS) for the rehabilitation projects.
6 Review architectural and structural drawings as well as create bills of quantities, material specifications lists, and other technical documentation relating to infrastructure programming within the fields.
7 Identify appropriate mechanisms or vehicles to adapt structures and to tender bids from contractors or local labour.
8 In coordination with the Logistics unit and field unit, negotiate contracts or agreements with contractors, and assist the technical advisor.
9 Track all construction projects cost and financial expenditure of all infrastructure program funds in governorates and produce weekly report
10 Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Desirable Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in civil engineering or business in procurement/logistics and experience in working in post conflict environments.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the field of infrastructure planning and construction, including management of infrastructure projects.
- Ability to supervise, direct, coach and mentor staff. Drive for results and effective resource management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Understanding of complex social-political environments. Ability to work under extreme pressure, in difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness.
- Flexibility and focus on processes and their improvements. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Stamina, determination, commitment and adaptability in the workplace are required. Excellent communication, written and verbal Somali and English language skills essential.
- IOM functional competencies: effective communicator with a wide range of actors and partners, successful negotiator, cross cultural facilitator and active learner.
- Excellent computer literacy.
Please submit your application online at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than June 11, 2013